thurs 7 11
what up kids. lemme use my last 100 words here to Give Hope, to Rise Above.
*Find the NICEST person at your current job and network with THEM. I am thankful to have this REAL NICE person at my job, a real godsend or buddhasend. They are always buying snacks and talking nicely to everyone even though we are all mainly a bunch of introverts who don’t like talking to people, haha. So they nicely forward job postings to people who are looking for jobs, including myself, like actually halfway decent jobs that mysteriously didn’t pop up in my exhaustive indeed search.
NOTE: I thought the search box for indeed was unlimited with the amount of OR terms you could put in there, but I Finally Reached its limit at like 500 characters maybe.
*So start a second search with Moar Keywords.
* Anyway they recently sent me something that looks REAL good, one of the most hopeful postings I’ve seen in MONTHS, so I thanked them profusely and then we were talking about the application and the references, and I always need references but I’m always afraid to ask,
* DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR REFERENCES! MOST AVERAGE GAINFULLY EMPLOYED PEOPLE WILL BE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU REFERENCES AND HELP YOU OUT!
* So I said, well, I’ll prob use blabla and blabla for a reference…..and erm I wouldn’t mind using you too, if you wouldn’t mind being a reference for me for this jerb erm hehehehe hurrr durrrr in my spaghetti pockets way.
* AND THEN THEY DID ME ONE BETTER and suggested WRITING A REFERENCE LETTER FOR ME.
* so I said, “Gee Wowzers Jeezum Crow, you’d do that for ME? Wow I’d sure appreciate it.” “uuuuuhh and if you wouldn’t mind making it a little generic in case I might want to use it again in the future! Wow that’s very nice of you, I’m really bad at asking for help with these kinds of things even when I need it, you know, silent stiff upper lip type, but yeah this really helps me a lot and I am thankful you suggested it, I’m real bad at asking for help”
* and they said “WHY? YOU SHOULD NEVER BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP! MOST PEOPLE WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU IF YOU ASK!” (Of course, this person is SUPER NICE, which helps.)
* So I continued thanking them profusely. But also had them write a generic letter that could be used for future jobs….
* AND had them send me a copy of the Doc so I had a permanent record of it, and could modify little things, the date and what not.
* Then I thought, WOW, Why haven’t I been asking EVERYONE for something like this? Because I’m afraid to ASK FOR HELP? Indeed I am!
* Thankfully this person is nice to EVERYONE, not just me. So the other employee that saw all this go down, I then said to the person, well, I hate to leave so and so over there out, I know They’re looking for other jobs too, and would really appreciate something like this from you even more than I do, which is already quite a bit, o god, how can I ever repay you, I’m gonna buy you dinner, but gee I KNOW it would make Employee2’s day if you could just whip up another copy for them, even though they’re shyer than ME and would NEVER ASK.
* Got some real MOMENTUM going yesterday in other words!!!
* BE SURE TO SEND A THANK YOU NOTE TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE YOU THE LETTER. I Thanked them verbally 1000000 times but still want to give them a little official thank you note.
* go to Walmart and buy a box of THANK YOU CARDS. These are little cards that are a bit smaller than a regular greeting card. If you Parents Raised You Right, they should have taught you the importance of Thank You Cards and God Almighty they weren’t lying.
* So now I’m thinking, wow that was really easy, I should have OTHER people do that for me TOO!
* Talk to the people you already use As References, and get them to write a LETTER for you that you can keep forever!
* It only took the person like 30 minutes to do. They said they were bored because everything was slow, and they were looking for something to not be bored. Wow!
* WHEN GOOD THINGS LIKE THIS MYSTERIOUSLY RANDOMLY HAPPEN, TAKE THEM AS A SIGN FROM GOD/BUDDHA. USE THIS GIFT TO BUILD MOMENTUM. YOU START DOING THINGS TO HELP YOURSELF AND TO THANK GOD/BUDDHA FOR GIVING YOU THAT SIGN.
* Because I didn’t have just this one sign…I had TWO. A Successful Relative emailed me out of the blue, was not expecting that at all. Prob because some other relatives had visited recently and I was all freaked out by that because I had nothing to show for myself, am a big loser, but thankfully they did not pry.
* Anyway the relative who emailed did the Right Thing, got an Engin Degree, and now has reaped what he has sown: a nice american dream comfortable Solid Middle Class Life with Happy Wife, Happy Life, Happy Children, Great God-Tier Job, AND he is entertaining starting his OWN company. Great guy, unfortunately we always lived in different states and I was never too close to him. Woulda been a great mentor / role model during My Failed College Years, hahaha. However he is about 10 years older; he certainly LIKED skool more and was just a well-adjusted Normalf At It’s Finest, plus I’m not sure things were AS competitive back then, and he could still get his good job without having A Top Tier Internship During Summer 1.
* So I wrote one email that was long and rambling and woe is me. Then I said, NOPE, that won’t do, into the trash it goes, gotta be SHORTER and more POSITIVE. So I did that.
* KEEP YOUR EMAILS TO PEOPLE SHORT AND POSITIVE. But also hint that you’re desperate for help, hahahaha.
* I “joked” that if he needed an Entry Level Office Monkey, to let me know.
* Anyway, the point is, it was GOOD that I emailed him back, rather than procrastinating, trying to write the perfect email, and then letting time pass and NEVER sending it. So I sent a reply within 48 hours. Good For Me.
* If you have Successful Family Members, try to network with them, and use the fact that you’re FAMILY to “BRIBE” them into getting you an Entry Level Fulltime Job, even though you didn’t have Top Internships Summers 1, 2, AND 3, and didn’t graduate Magna Cum Laude from MIT. Just say you will work for 20k a year, 100 hours a week.
* Though I like r9k and v9k, don’t read them TOO MUCH, because they are HORRIBLY “Depressing”, and, more importantly, can WARP YOUR MIND. They are a good STARTING POINT, but they don’t take the NECESSARY Second Step, which is what I Am trying to do here. I am trying to desperately Offer Solutions. Praying For A Miracle, Working for A Miracle. If you do nothing but read r9k, that’s BAD and it will drag you further down. TAKE A BREAK FROM R9K.
- Writing business thank-you notes isn’t rocket science (enmast.com)
- Tips Part II. (howtonotdogradschool.wordpress.com)
- What God Has Taught Me About Marriage and Love (40yearwanderer.com)
- Happiness in Life (krystaldickinsonblog.wordpress.com)
- Normalf4gs, Other Chans, College, How to Win, the Usual, Thread Pastebinz (upfrommorallylazyloserness.wordpress.com)